HOW IT WORKS
Contestants will be mailed a $100 Visa gift card for every qualified referral they make. For every qualified referral, the existing customer will also be awarded one point in the Refer a Friend Competitive Leaderboard Contest, this is a skill based contest in which no chance is involved. In the event of a tie in which there is only 1 point scored, the contest will not take place, no prize money shall be awarded, but contestants may keep their $100 gift card for the qualified referral. If there is a tie and the points earned are greater than 1, then prize money will be split evenly between the tied contestants. The contest will last from July 15th, 2016 through December 15th, 2016. The winners will be selected on December 15th, 2016 and will be notified via phone and email. The first place prize is $1,000, the second place prize is $500, the third place prize is $250. The winners will be selected by whomever has the most points at the end date of the contest. This contest is being sponsored, organized, and run by Oil Purification Systems Inc. at 2176 Thomaston Avenue, Waterbury, Connecticut 06704. OPS can be reached by phone at 203-346-1800.
The rewards users will receive are a $100 Visa Gift Card that is accepted anywhere a Visa card is accepted. This reward will be delivered via mail to the contestant’s address. The grand prizes for the referral contest described above will be issued as a check that will be mailed to winner’s address. In the event that a qualified referral returns the ECO-PUR starter set (SKU B-116-H) then the contestant must return their reward to OPS. If they do not return the reward they will be disqualified from receiving any future rewards, participating in this program, and they will not be able to purchase any more OPS products until they return their reward.
Oil Purifications System’s Refer a Friend Program Terms and Conditions
Oil Purifications Systems, Inc (“we”, “OPS” or “Company”) may, from time to time, offer users of our products (“Product”) the opportunity to refer friends to try the Product Oil Purifications Systems Refer a Friend Program. We reserve the right to terminate the Program at any time for any reason.
Users (defined below) are bound by these Terms and Conditions by participating in the Program. By participating in the Program, Users agree to use the Program in the manner specified in these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety you are not authorized to participate in the Program in any manner. Users may not participate in the Program where doing so would be prohibited by any applicable law or regulations.
We reserve the right to modify or amend at any time these Terms and Conditions and the methods through which Rewards are earned. We reserve the right to disqualify any User (defined below) at any time from participation in the Program if he/she does not comply with any of these Terms and Conditions.
Personal information may be used by Company to contact Users with regards to their participation in the Program and to receive communications from Company. Where a User provides personal information about its friends or colleagues to receive communications via the Program, the provided personal information will be used by the Company for sending these communications on behalf of the User and User understands that Company may send out additional follow-up communications on behalf of the User to encourage or remind the friends members or colleagues to complete the purchase or registration process.
Must be 18 years or older to enter. This contest is limited to the 50 United States and is void where prohibited by law. Contestants must be existing OPS customers. Employees of the Company, its Service Provider or any of its or their subsidiaries, affiliates or promotional agencies, including immediate family and household members, distributors, installers are not eligible.
A Qualified Referral means that all the following conditions are met:
1) The Referred Customer completed a purchase by calling OPS and purchasing a ECO-PUR starter set system (SKU B-116-H)
2) The Referred Customer was not previously registered with the Product under any email address or alias;
3) The Referred Customer is a) a legal resident of the United States of America and b) at least 18 years’ old
4) The Referred Customer must identify the person who referred them through the use of a unique customer identifier, this can be a last name, email, or a phone number.
Credit for Qualified Referrals
Credit can only be awarded for Qualified Referrals.
Verified Qualified Referrals
Rewards are subject to verification. The Company may delay a Reward for the purposes of investigation. They may also refuse to verify and process any transaction Company deems, in its sole discretion, to be fraudulent, suspicious, in violation of these Terms and Conditions, or believes will impose potential liability on Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents.
All of the Company's decisions are final and binding, including decisions as to whether a Qualified Referral, Credit or Reward is verified. Rewards are not transferable.
By participating in the Program, Users agree to:
2) defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Company, its Service Provider and its or their respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, together with their respective employees, directors, officers, licensees, licensors, shareholders, attorneys and agents including, without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, operation or administration of the Program (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses caused by, arising out of, in connection with, or related to their participation in the Program (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s) and/or the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of the Program or any Reward); and
3) be contacted by the Customer via e-mail and telephone.
Company shall not be liable for:
1) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unreliable, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission;
2) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors;
3) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials;
4) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a Reward, or from participation in the Program, that were not reasonably foreseeable to the Company at the relevant time;
5) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any websites or materials associated with the Program; or
6) claims, demands, and damages in disputes among Users of the Program.
The Company disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Program, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Program should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond the Company's control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Program.
The Company shall not be liable to any Users for failure to supply any Reward or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, tornado, tsunami, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control.
The Company reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Program should it determine, in its sole discretion, that the administration, security or fairness of the Program has been compromised in any way.
Disclaimer of Warranties
USERS EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE PROGRAM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMSALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND TERMS (COLLECTIVELY, "PROMISES") OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR CUSTOM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AS TO PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; (B) THE COMPANY MAKES AND GIVES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE PROGRAM WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED; AND (C) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnification
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE COMPANY, INCLUDING ANY VENDORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH OR ASSISTING IN PROVIDING THE PROGRAM, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH, FROM, OR AS A RESULT OF THE PROGRAM; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR THROUGH THE PROGRAM; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE PROGRAM. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, THE COMPANY'S, INCLUDING ANY VENDORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $100.
Users should use the Program at their own risk.
4. Publicity. Participation in the Program or acceptance of a Reward constitutes permission to the Program Entities to use any User’s first and last name, company name, Oil Purification Systems profile information, statements, biographical information, and city and state address for any and all promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the Program, on a worldwide basis and in all forms of media without review, permission or further compensation of any amount or kind whatsoever, where permitted by law.
5. Conduct. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Program after the occurrence of prohibited conduct, we reserve the right to cancel, change, or suspend the Program.
Prohibited Conduct, Generally
Users agree not to use the Program to:
∙ Violate applicable law;
∙ Infringe the intellectual property rights of the Company, its Service Provider or any third parties;
∙ Stalk, harass, or harm another individual;
∙ Collect or store personal data about other Users;
∙ Impersonate any person or otherwise misrepresent User's identity;
∙ Interfere with, disrupt or violate the Terms and Conditions or servers or networks connected to the Program; or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of such networks;
∙ Interfere with another User's use of the Program;
∙ Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Program, other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Program;
∙ Transmit any file that contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or any other contaminating or destructive features;
∙ Conduct any illegal activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity that infringes the rights of others;
∙ Resell, barter, trade, auction or otherwise generate income by providing access to the Program to others
The Company has no obligation to monitor the content provided by Users; however, the Company may choose to do so and block any email messages, remove any such content, or prohibit any use of the Program.
Each Referrer is the actual sender of the emails and must comply with applicable law. Referrers who do not comply with the law, including anti-spam laws, are obligated to indemnify the Program Entities against any liabilities, costs and expenses it incurs as a results of such spam.
Fraudulent and Suspicious Behavior
The Company may prohibit a User from participating in the Program or receiving a Credit or Reward, in their sole discretion, if they determine such User is attempting to undermine the fairness, integrity or legitimate operation of the Program in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other users or representatives of the Company.
Use of any automated system, script, or macro to participate is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification.
The Company reserves the right to disqualify any User and/or cancel any Reward(s) if they find a User to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Program or violating these Terms and Conditions.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
6. Suggestions and Submissions. The Company appreciates hearing from Users and welcomes your comments regarding the Program. Please be advised, however, that the Company does not accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, inventions, or materials (“creative ideas”) other than those which we have specifically requested. While the Company values your feedback on the Program, please be specific in your comments and do not submit creative ideas. If, despite this request, you send the Company creative ideas, they:
1. Shall own, exclusively, all now known or later discovered rights to the creative ideas;
2. Shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality and shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any creative ideas; and
3. Shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the creative ideas for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or any other person.
8. Applicable Law; Arbitration; Class Waiver; and Waiver of Jury Trial. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to the Program or any prize awarded shall be resolved under Connecticut law (without reference to its conflicts of laws principles), and participants in the Program agree to submit any dispute to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Connecticut
Participants and the Program Entities agree to submit to the personal and exclusive arbitration of any disputes relating to your use of the online platform or Program under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such arbitration, to the extent necessary, shall be conducted within state of Connecticut. Participants covenant not to sue the Program Entities in any other forum.
Participants also acknowledge and understand that, with respect to any dispute with the Released Parties arising out of or relating to Participants’ use of the Service or this Agreement:
∙ PARTICIPANTS ARE GIVING THEIR YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE A TRIAL BY JURY; and
∙ PARTICIPANTS ARE GIVING UP THEIR RIGHT TO SERVE AS A REPRESENTATIVE, AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, OR IN ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY, OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF A CLASS OF CLAIMANTS, IN ANY LAWSUIT INVOLVING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.
9. General Terms These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Users and the Company concerning Users’ use of the Program. The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. A person who is not a party to these Terms shall have no right to enforce or receive the benefit of any of these Terms.